Amorphophallus henryi

A year and 1 month ago Peter Randall distributed seeds of Amorphophallus
henryi; at the time I remember Wilbert saying we should be prepared for a =
long
wait. However I duly sowed them in a mixture of commercial houseplant comp=
ost
and chopped Sphagnum moss and sat back to wait....and wait.....and wait.

Every few months I would check the seeds and see that they were still firm=
 and
green and even had signs of a growing point, but they never actually
germinated. Until today - joy of joys!! I happened to look in the propagat=
or
and there is a beautiful young plant about 2 inches in height, they have
finally made it. I am so happy it is ridiculous, I feel it is such an
achievement, almost like a prolonged birth.
I would be interested to hear from other recipients of these seeds and of
their progress if any. I will certainly report on their growth over the co=
ming
weeks.

Still on Amorphs...if anyone in England is reading this and would like lar=
ge
(6=94 plus diameter) tubers of A. paeoniifolius I can get supply them at
reasonable cost plus post and packing, please email me directly...not the
list! Geoffaroid@aol.com

Regards to all, Geoffrey