Re: anthurium veitchii

I would say if the plant is truly veitchii that $20.00 bucks is a good deal.
My experience has been not to overpot this plant that in time it says, I am
tired of life and passes on with no apparent reason. I picked up some in
Colombia years ago that recently have decided that time was at hand. Down
there they kept them very dry and tiny pots. They had the real crinkled one
that was around years ago and they let it grow in a hanging basket with the
rhizome/stem laying on top of the soil. It got watered every day and were very
dry. Believe me when I say the soil was less than 'good' soil by our
standards. they had maybe fifty of them around this nursery and I nearly
died...They were so beautiful.

Betsy Feuerstein