Re: anthurium veitchii

Price on A. veitchii?  I ordered two plants from the same folks and they
had two leaves each that were about 5 inches long....  Frankly, I thought
it was very inexpensive.  At one time I sold A. veitchii for $250. that
were in 1 gallon pots with 6 inches of stem above the media.  Had about  4
- 5 leaves that were 10 - 14 inches....  Now, since this is the only place
that has them for sale.....  Spend your $20. and be happy.
Dewey

>On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 wounddr@mail.mia.bellsouth.net wrote:
>
>> At 08:40 PM 1/30/99 -0600, you wrote:
>> >I just acquired a. veitchii and was wondering conditions it preferred,
>> >maximum and minimum temperatures, soil type, how it is best grown (high
>> >humidity?) and best fertilizer, any problems to watch for, etc.
>> >I live in Houston, Texas (Zone 9 with hot summers, many days over 95F)  but
>> >have a climate controlled greenhouse.
>> >Thanking you in advance for your assistance.
>> >Peter Lloyd
>
>I saw one in Berkeley, in a very humid greenhouse.  See
>http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Anthurium/unknown.A.html for a photo of
>its habitat in that greenhouse.
>

>> >where did you get the plant, how much, how big? I am interested in getting
>> one myself. Thanks
>> Richard>
>
>I got mine from http://www.tropiflora.com/, in a 2.5 inch pot.
>Apparently quite vigorous, but does not look anything like the one in
>Berkeley.  Perhaps it is still very juvenile - the longest leaves are
>about 5 inches long.

>Krzysztof Kozminski
>kk@netgate.net
>http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/