Re: Anth. veitchii

I seemed to have lost all my files concerning A. veitchii.  I pretty much
remember the general requirements but cannot recall if anyone mentioned a
good potting mix. Would it be okay to mount it and hang it in the
bathroom?  I also remember someone mentioning that foggy conditions would
produce superb plants.  Does a humidifier's output classify as foglike or
is it still too 'wet'?

I need to know because I just got my very own A. veitchii from Tropiflora.
I am very pleased!  It's in a three inch pot with three very strong and
turgid leaves.  The youngest leaf is two inches long, the next is 3 or 4
inches and the big one is six inches long.  Not a bruise or a tear in
sight.  It came in an unecessarily large box and packed really well which
explains why it looks so good.  And for only twenty bucks!  I ordered it
and received it within a week.  I urge everyone to take a looksee at
Tropiflora's website and order it.  You won't be disappointed.

Now, if only I could find A. waroqueanum for about the same price, then
I'd be set for life!

William Perez