Re: A. Konjac Replanting? South Florida (fwd)

In a message dated 2/18/99 1:34:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
burns@mobot.mobot.org writes:

<< Luis,

 Fifty percent of my A konjacs are up already! Yes, get them back into
 medium right away. All of mine remained in medium this winter.

 Don

Thanks Don!

They all seemed ready to go, but being a neophyte (this being my first dormant
season) I wasn't quite sure. It looks as this weekend will be a busy
horticultural one ;-)

Have you or anyone you know grow these successfully in the ground South
Florida soil? I know it will be difficult to retrieve the tubers come
dormancy, but you left yours in medium?

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida  USA      Subtropics