How to Handle Berries of Pearl Anthurium

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: How to Handle Berries of Pearl Anthurium
  • From: George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:45:01 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

Sorry if you have received this message already, but after I sent it, I did
not see it sent back to me in the list, so I am resending it here.

I was just given some fresh berries of the Pearl Anthurium. Each berry has
3 to 5 small cream colored seeds which can be seen through the translucent
skin and pulp. I found one of them had been squeezed while inside the paper
bag, and the seeds that were squeezed out were enmeshed in a sticky jelly.

I want to try to germinate the seeds. What is the best way to clean them
and what is the best procedure to germinate them?

George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
Metro-Manila, Philippines