Re: Berry color of Colocasia esculenta

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Berry color of Colocasia esculenta
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:54:40 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Simpson <crat@cris.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 10:12 AM

Dear Eric,
If poss. check on the Aroid I.D. page, there is/was  good photos of a
Colocasia esculenta plant (leaves were atypical in having a beautiful yellow
area in the center) and inflorescence, if not post a pic. of your plant`s
leaves and if poss. a bloom and we will be able to tell.
It may well be that Colocasia has both yellow AND red berries.   I have seen
red berries in several Alocasia sps..
Cheers,
Julius