Re: Monroe Birdsey

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Tom Croat <tcroat@LEHMANN.MOBOT.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2000 11:05 PM
Subject: Monroe Birdsey

Dear Tom,

Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed this account of your
long friendship with Monroe, I am sure that as I write this I speak for many
if not all of our membership.
It was SO interesting to read of this longstanding relationship that you had
with Monroe (over 30 long and fruitful years!!)  and to trace the student
(you) in those long-ago years) and Monroe (the master) slowly exchanging
 I was very privilidged to be with you during at least three of your visits
to Monroe`s wonderful garden, and was privy to his sense of humor, his
scoldings, and sometimes 'groaner' puns!!!
Your notes were wonderful material in reminding all of us how very much
Monroe meant to you, to us and to the Aroid Society, and I thank you for
sharing some of your memories and personal moments with 'the great man' with
all of us.

Julius Boos
West Palm Beach,