Amorphophallus in Nepal
I need some information on Amorphophallus napalensis and A. margaritifer.
A friend will be in Nepal for the next year, so he might be able to get hold of
In order to instruct him, I would be glad to get answers to some questions:
- Where could he get the tubers?
- Are there local/common names for these species?
- Could he possibly buy them, or does he have to collect them?
- Is a collection restricted?
- In which region of Nepal do they grow?
- At what time of the year are the plants dormant?
- What should be considered about the sending (so it will happen...)?
Are there any other species in Nepal? (Due to the species list from Wilbert, I
think there are no others, or have I overlooked one, or should there be a third
species discovered recently in Nepal ?????)
Any answer or suggestion welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Alte Dorfstr. 33A