Re: Anthurium sp? 'Crystal Hope'

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthurium sp? 'Crystal Hope'
  • From: Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:45:54 -0600 (CST)

Actually, it does sort of look like a fungus.  The leaves brown on the edge
and then brown increasingly until they become so disfigured that removal is
the only option.

Would any anti-fungal sprays be of any benefit?  If so, which easily
accessed commercial fungicide would help?  I can easily break off the top
of the side shoots to leave the central plant without competition.  I'd
like to give this one last try before I totally give up.

I do find it reassuring, though, that I'm not a total clod in my attempts
to grow the plant.