Zambian aroid

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Zambian aroid
  • From: Rogan Roth <roth@nu.ac.za>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:52:51 -0600 (CST)

Dear Aroiders,

I am not sure if this message has got through before, but I am having
all kinds of e-mail problems and I am sure the MOBOT listserver must be
getting very tired of me!  So if you have read this before please accept
my apologies.

Compliments of the season to you all.

In sunny South Africa a Zambian Amorphophallus species has produced and
inflorescence for the first time and I am completely at a loss for a

I have placed four images at www.botany.unp.ac.za/nmc/Plants/aroid1.jpg
(and "aroid2.jpg", "aroid3.jpg", "aroid4.jpg") for anyone who may know,
have a look at.

It is a very beautiful flower with absolutely no discernable scent at
(at least to my nose).

I you can't access the pictures there please let me know via private
e-mail and I will send them to you as an attachment.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Rogan B. Roth
P.O.Box 100-210