Re: *&*(^%$## Spider Mites!!

I've finally found a cure (for me at least) which has been a piece of cake
to use and which has controlled the mite problem easily.

I started the winter season with one application of an insecticidal fog
(from Raid).  Unfortunately, I left it in the room for a bit longer than
recommended and so damaged some of the more delicate leaves.  I haven't had
to repeat that since.

I then purchased an electric sprayer from Black & Decker to facilitate
application of insecticides.  I then applied Volks Oil alternating
semi-weekly with insecticidal soap.  For the first time ever, I've made it
into January with no mites, no mealy bug and no toxic chemicals.   The last
big application was about a month ago.  Two weeks ago I found spider mite
on two plants and controlled those with just a hand sprayer.

I have access to several relatively big-time poisons but have made it
through with nothing more complex than oil and soap.  I can't say enough
good things about the electric sprayer.l  It hasn't clogged and it's been a
piece of cake to recharge given that it uses the same batteries as my dust
buster & electric screw driver.

Good luck with your infestations.  You may well be able to control them
with something less potent than radioactive cobalt.