Re: DO NOT use "miracle ant chalk" Was Re: Ants! Every kind,Everywhere!

  • Subject: Re: DO NOT use "miracle ant chalk" Was Re: Ants! Every kind,Everywhere!
  • From: "john s. smolowe" <johnsmolowe@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:32:33 -0600 (CST)

should anyone still be interested the ant chalk, given the cautions, i would offer that it works amazingly well for our common small
ants in northern california,  but only if you can see the column of marching ants and can draw a chalk stripe through their march -
for example, if ants are marching up a table leg (or along an greenhouse overhead sprinkler line). if you circle that leg with a
stripe, you can watch the ants march across, lick their legs, and fall to the ground. it is not a bait, does not attract ants or other
bugs and therefore will not work on roaches or any bug that doesn't march in columns. and it works so quickly that i don't think the
ants carry it back to their nest as they do borax. no question the merits are overstated on the box and the dangers minimized (the box
says "harmless"), but it does work in its one particular niche.

john smolowe