[aroid-l] Happy Website 2003

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Happy Website 2003
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 10:58:20 +0100

I wish the IAS and all aroid lovers a wonderful 2003 !

Scott and I have worked our way to Am. hetterscheidii (that's reallly
coincidental) in upgrading the Amorph-webpages of the IAS website. A backlog
of scans has been added to those pages that were already "finished" too. The
list of species itself has been reworked with many new names added and a
number thrown into shameful synonymy (what a fate!).

We will continue in the weeks to come and keep you updated. In case you
think you have a wonderful scan of one of the species in the list, just
email it to me (hetter@worldonline.nl) and we'll see if it fits the
presentation and acknowledge you on the relevant pages. Especially scans of
leaves and close-ups of leaf stalks can add new information as I myself have
been more focused on presenting the naughty bits of the species.

Also my general feeling is that we should all try to get the IAS website
more dynamic. According to Scott not much has been added for years and
that's really a loss for all those who are not as familiar with aroids as we
are and are directed to the site via the different search-machines on
internet. I am sure that many of you have wonderful scans (even of
Anthuriums and Philodendrons, if that's at all possible :-), fully ID'd, to
add. And although separate private websites on aroids is fine too and can be
linked to, I think that the "one stop shopping concept" is really also
necessary for outsiders to learn about this plant family in a comprehensive
way without having to jump from one website to another.

Maybe somebody from the board of IAS could give a clue as to how we may
arrange this in the months to come. Let's get this IAS website the best in
botany there is!!!!!

Have phun,

Lord P.