Re: [aroid-l] Introduction

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Introduction
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:26:06 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Chanrit Sinhabaedya <siamanthus@hotmail.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 6:36 AM
Subject: [aroid-l] Introduction

Dear Chandrit,

Welcome!   You sound like you have a nice plant collection, and I look
forward to hearing more from you, and I am sure that others on this list
will also be most interested in your stories/information!
Your English is just fine, there will be NO problems, it is much better
than any Thai spoken/written by most on this list!

Good Growing,

Julius Boos,
WPB,
Florida.

>>Dear Aroiders,

As a new member to IAS after joined to aroid-L for a few months. I'd like to
take this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Chanrit Sinhabeadya and I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I have a
wide interested in plants such as aroids, gingers, ferns, epiphytic plants
or other things that look nice to me. I've been collecting native plants
around here in Thailand for a few years since I was 18 years old. Formerly
I'm interested in plants only horticultural but later, also for taxonomic
study. However as I'm studying undergraduated programme in Economics (which
is quite far from both horticulture and taxonomy), so my knowledge of plants
is fairly limited.

For aroids, I'm interested in almost all genera especially local Thai and SE
Asian species, from tuberous one as Amorphophallus and Typhonium to climbing
one like Rhaphidophora or aquatic one like Cyrtosperma, Aglaodorum, also
tiny Cryptocoryne as well.

By the way, as my english is quite poor, sometimes I don't know how to write
properly. So in the future if anyone of you here feel impolite with my
english when I post messages to the list, I have to apologise indeed.

here is a link to a thai webboard that I've just posted some of my Alocasia
pictures on it.
http://www3.pantip.com/cafe/jatujak/topic/J1981369/J1981369.html

:)
Chanrit Sinhabaedya