[aroid-l] Introduction

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Introduction
  • From: "Chanrit Sinhabaedya" siamanthus@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:36:07 +0000

Dear Aroiders,

As a new member to IAS after joined to aroid-L for a few months. I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Chanrit Sinhabeadya and I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I have a wide interested in plants such as aroids, gingers, ferns, epiphytic plants or other things that look nice to me. I've been collecting native plants around here in Thailand for a few years since I was 18 years old. Formerly I'm interested in plants only horticultural but later, also for taxonomic study. However as I'm studying undergraduated programme in Economics (which is quite far from both horticulture and taxonomy), so my knowledge of plants is fairly limited.

For aroids, I'm interested in almost all genera especially local Thai and SE Asian species, from tuberous one as Amorphophallus and Typhonium to climbing one like Rhaphidophora or aquatic one like Cyrtosperma, Aglaodorum, also tiny Cryptocoryne as well.

By the way, as my english is quite poor, sometimes I don't know how to write properly. So in the future if anyone of you here feel impolite with my english when I post messages to the list, I have to apologise indeed.

here is a link to a thai webboard that I've just posted some of my Alocasia pictures on it.

Chanrit Sinhabaedya

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup