Re: [aroid-l] Artificial Trees

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Artificial Trees
  • From: Harry Witmore harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:27:18 -0500

Wow, thanks for the responses so far. The article in the Orchids Magazine mentioned the technique of using the expandable foam and then covering it with cork bark. I would like to get a bale of cork. I have found some sources for this in the past but I need to start looking again.

I don't have access to cypress but I do have red cedar and it's used around here as fence post. I use it some to mount orchids and other small epiphytes. This sounds like it could be a good on line web story. oh well Brian has a wall, I have a tree, what else are you all dreaming of doing to grow your plants in an attractive manner and if you are doing it already, where are the picture. I think a page which shows members plant displays would stir interest in the plants. Those of us in temperate to down right frozen areas of the country, need to create the look of the tropics in our own environment.

Any more ideas on this subject will be grateful.

Harry Witmore
Zone 7 NC
<http://www.witmore.net/>Cloud Jungle Art
<http://www.epiphytes.org/>Epiphytes.Org