Re: [aroid-l] Typhonium giganteum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Typhonium giganteum
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:31:58 -0500

We do sell it here at PDN (check our web site) and this past summer the
plant was gorgeous...it does appear late, just about the time I, too, think
it's dead and gone, but
here in NC it appears about late June and reached about 24-30" high; the
inflorescence is also quite nice with a ruffled-edged, deep maroon spathe
that reminds me of the hood of a ladies velvet cape...the plant forms a nice
clump with time...
Petra