Re: [aroid-l] New cultivated Philodendron.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] New cultivated Philodendron.
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:21:20 +0000

Dear Paul,

Just to make it clear. There is no Philodendron that is really from Australia. They are exclusively neotropical, occurring originally from Argentina to Mexico. Anyhow, many interesting cultivars were selected there in Australia (as well as in Florida), thatīs what Julius was talking about.

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

Have some of the philodendrons come from Australia?  I am intrigued by your
reference to being "somewhere beside Australia" as I didn't realise that
some originated from here.  I really don't know a great deal about the
tropical aroids, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!