Re: [aroid-l] Xanthosoma Sagittifolium

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Xanthosoma Sagittifolium
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:23:43 +0000

Dear Asit,

In my stay in Florida, I coudnīt find X. sagittifolia in backyards, neither in comercial fields (cultivated for food) or Botanical Gardens... All I could see was Xanthosoma robustum, believe me! In the wild, I also couldnīt find, but I didnīt look for it anyway. It is not supposed to be native from there... it was firstly collected in Barbados and St. Vincent Islands, W.I. It is widely cultivated in Brazil and a few other South American Islands. I will look for a picture of true X. sagittifolia in the web. If I canīt find it, I will post my pictures someplace.

Very best wishes,