Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium regale and Zanthosoma roseum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium regale and Zanthosoma roseum
  • From: "Leo A. Martin" leo1010@attglobal.net
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:31:18 -0500

I posted this to the wrong place.

Tom Croat wrote
> I collected A. regale near Pulcache which is at
> about 500 m. It is difficult to grow but not impossible.

I know everybody else is wanting to ask this question, but they're too
shy. What does "It is difficult to grow but not impossible" mean?

Susan Cox wrote

> Speaking of bigger plants (other than Anthurium)
> someone sent a photo for ID of a Xanthosoma labled
> 'roseum' with a man standing under the petioles and
> the leaves were HUGE and were up three times his height.
> I would be interested in knowing if that particular
> plant was ever ID'd and what was it and is it available
> anywhere?

That reminded me of this:

http://www.malesiana.tropicals.com.my/alo-rob.html

It is from the Web catalog of Malesiana Tropicals.

http://www.malesiana.tropicals.com.my/

I don't think it would do well outside here in Phoenix, not even next to
my pond.

Leo
--
Leo A. Martin
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Like cactus and succulents?
Central Arizona Cactus and Succulent Society
http://www.centralarizonacactus.org