Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium regale

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium regale
  • From: Tom Croat Thomas.Croat@mobot.org
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:04:02 -0600

	It is rare in Mexico, known only from a few sites in Chiapas,
largely mesic spots in otherwise dry areas.  It is growing well in the
botanical garden in Tuxtla Guttierez where I first realized what it was and
where it was from because I was told that Miranda had collected it in
Chiapas and that it had been there in the Garden for years.  Then Miguel
Pérez scouted the area and found wild populations.