Re: [aroid-l] Non-Aroid question

At 6:52 PM -0500 1/4/04, RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was growing any of the shingling Ficus species
other than F. pumila?  Or for that matter, any other shinglers OTHER than ones
from Araceae or Marcgraviaceae?   Thanks for any help..  Michael Mattlage
The only ones I can think of are a couple of species of Dischidia, and perhaps a few ferns where the rhizomes are somewhat overlapping, providing a home for ants, though the fronds still stick out. I'd be interested in hearing what other plants exhibit this shingle type growth habit. There may be a couple of Begonia species, but the leaves aren't appressed to the substrate the way theu are in these others.

Jonathan