Re: [aroid-l] Amorph tuber rot problems

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Non-Aroid question
  • From: Adam Black epiphyte1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 07:58:16 -0500

Jonathan Ertelt wrote:

The only ones I can think of are a couple of species of Dischidia, and perhaps a few ferns where the rhizomes are somewhat overlapping, providing a home for ants, though the fronds still stick out.
Another Asclepiad, Hoya imbricata, grows as a "shingle plant" . There may be other species of Hoya as well that have this growth form as well. Anyone know of any? Do some of the flat leaved epiphytic cacti count as shingle plants? From some pictures in habitat, I have seen some cactus species that grow tightly against trunks and branches of trees, different from how they are typically grown in cultivation.

Adam Black