Re: [aroid-l] amorph tuber rot problems

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] amorph tuber rot problems
  • From: "Scott Taylor" staylor@brevardparks.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:20:20 -0500

Dr. Misra: Thank you again for your kindly response.  As you might recall,
you had sent me an extensive correspondence last year when I was researching
this problem.  I have followed much of your advise, but think that I am
still making a mistake in trying to 'reuse' damaged tubers (which I hate to
discard!).  I did not separate plantings from damaged material from 'good'
material, so it could be that the recurrent problems are from that diseased
material that was reused.   I do not see the typical evidence of nematode
infections (blisters, etc.) but that is something I should check further. I
will try and keep better track of this next year.  Thank you again!
dst

D. Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Brevard County Environmentally Endangered Lands (EEL) Program
Central Region Land Manager
5560 North US Highway 1
Melbourne, FL 32940
tel: 321.255.4466