Re: [aroid-l] A. spruceanum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. spruceanum
  • From: Rand Nicholson writserv@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:12:52 -0300

Lord P. And Interested Parties:

>You can make life easier on all of us by mailing me a scan of the leaf and
>I'll put us out of our mysery.
>Lord P

Sounds like a plan.

Please keep in mind that this is just a little fella, coming up from a tuber that was, upon planting, only the size of one's pinky tip. Am I permitted to wait until the creature in question completes its present growth cycle, or is the pressure such that I must immediately uproot the unnamed offender and hurl it forthwith into the photonic maw of The Evil Lexmark? Would a portion of the leaf suffice? Any advice on how one scans an purported Amorph/Drac leaf without also scanning a big, juicy smear?

I do not know how much my very patient Carol (who has had an unprepared and unfortunate introduction to a full-blown Am. konjac in all its magnifi-scent  glory in our living room one unscheduled morning) will appreciate me smooshing  a disputed plant under the scanner, even for a lofty scientific principle. She may point out that she _has_ already identified the plant by the company it keeps and wonder why Aroid-L is not shut down on decency issues (thanx for all the gallery links, guys!).

Please, M'Lord, let us know soonest when you first describe Am. creepatoid.