Re: [Aroid-l] Pothos scandens

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Pothos scandens
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:43:28 EST

Thanks so much for your help.  Pothos is a completely seperate genus from Epipremnum.  The mistake of calling E. aureum, "Pothos or Golden Pothos" is all too common in the continental US as well.  I think at one point it was considered to be in the genus Pothos, then switched to Rhaphidophora (Ive seen it listed as that too), then to Epipremnum, or at least something like that.  Peter has a wonderful article in the last Aroideana explaining in detail the cultivated forms of Epipremnum.  I think there has been lots of discussion here on Aroid-L too.  The greenhouses at U of Conn.  look to have a very nice collection.  I wouldnt mind visiting there one day.  Thanks for the link and again for the offer, (and checking around for me.)
Aroid-l mailing list