Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.
  • From: Neil Gordon neil@ng23.abelgratis.co.uk
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:04:36 +0000

There were 2 asian veg shops that had these things, in Tooting High Street, London. (About halfway up, by blockbusters!) but theres quite a few other good ones in that street.

Theyve always got realy strange looking food in there! I was also going to buy a 'wood apple', a round, apple sized 'fruit', with a grey/brown mottled coloured surface, which was as hard as a coconut outside, I guess you crack it open, and the good stuffs inside. Unfortunately Id spent all my money and couldnt get one!

I love going there and planting the seeds of these bizzare foods. Unfortunately only one or two survive to a decent size. Ive got a nice 3 foot high Guava tree, which is fairly happy, considering all the stress ive put it through!