Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.
  • From: "Steve Ritchey" sritchey@shreve.net
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:07:33 -0600

Title: RE: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.
Hi Tom-
Not sure what you mean- many of them sold in groceries here are certainly sagittifolium  or robustum, but I don't know how to tell for sure which is which (Enlighten me, please!) On the topic of the original post I i.d. violaceum on the clusters and shapes of the tubers as well as the brown/purple color of the dormant buds and skins on the tubers-Some clones are obviously more beautiful than others - Anyway , they're one of God's few creations that like August in Texas as long as you keep them wet:-)
Steve