Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Tubers bought in a market.
  • From: "Steve Ritchey" sritchey@shreve.net
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:21:34 -0600

Hi Donna- I'm way up on the OK line west of Texarkana- I think Tomball is getting to be like downtown Houston now- I get these at Kroger's in Shreveport, LA- They only get one shipment a year- once they're gone that's it-The ones from aroid dealers seem to be clones selected for best stem color, but the ones from the grocery are really vigorous and a cheap thrill if you just keep them well watered- I'm always on the lookout for ones with a different skin color-I have a lot of unidentifiable oddballs now- I think your opportunities are better in the Asian markets of Houston ( east side of the I-10 loop)-
Pineapple express from Baja last 2 weeks now Arctic express from Canada this week - Yup! This is Texas :-)
Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna McGraw" <donnamcg@swbell.net>