RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium watermaliense

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium watermaliense
  • From: Don Martinson llmen@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:57:18 -0600

Title: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium watermaliense
Dear Don:  I have placed this in Section Pachyneurium, owing to its involute vernation but it is an unusual member of that group for sure.  I have often wondered if it might not be itself of hybrid origen.
Tom

Dear Tom,

Yes, I see that now when comparing the leaf with those on my A. halmoorei (the only Pachyneurium I have).  Very interesting, I never would have guessed by the rest of the plant habit.

Thank you.

--
Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin