Re: [Aroid-l] Help please

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Help please
  • From: "Sherry Gates" TheTropix@msn.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:28:10 -0600

Hi Gary,
  I just joined Aroid-l, and today your question was in my e-mail.  When I read about the P. 'Spart(g)atus', I looked for it, too, like you did.  I also couldn't find either of them anywhere.  Looking at the picture you sent brought up a question I've been wondering about too.  I have several Pink Princess Plants that have come from a few different sources, and some that came from one place are VERY dark and the leaves are definitely larger than the others. The stems and most leaves are almost black they're so dark.  The stems have rich, deep pink striations and the leaves have some pink flecks in them.  One of them is opening a new leaf that is 100% pink!  The leaf immediately before it is one of the almost black ones!  I don't know if they're just different variations or "sport" types of Pink Princess.  They were, however, sold to me as "Pink Princess".  I'm going to send you a picture of two of mine, the dark one, and a more 'conventional' colored one.   I've also found when buying plants,and I'm sure we've all run into this, that if someone isn't sure, or doesn't know, the name of a plant...they simply give it one.  Perhaps 'Spartac(g)us is a result of that.  I have some Philos and Gingers that definitely fall into that category. lol      Take care.  Sherry