Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:47:14 EST

Harry,
Is this from the collection at Atlanta Botanical Gardens because if it is,  it is in fact S. chiapense.  However,  i have a smaller, thinner leaved form (that has grown like a weed all over my GH) that was labeled S. macrophyllum and looks alot like the plant pictured.  It is similiar to S. chiapense but, like I said,  thinner, smaller leaves.  For some reason it never seems to want to get adult leaves so that i can correctly ID it.
Michael