RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:00:33 -0500

Well of course you saw Tom,s post which stated both were s chiapense. Not sure bout that since they are no much alike. Russ said the satin leaved on was S macrophyllum and well as someone else said this. I tend to believe this because of the satin leaf surface. Russ said the other one was P. anisotomum which he said is also known as camposportoanum. I had someone else id it a P camposportoanum. So, the jury is still out. These dang things are so hard to get names for. I want to get names on all my Monstera also and I know that is not going to be easy since allot of them look alike. I saw a reference to what folks call P Silver Queen as actually being Monstera dubia.  I don't believe this for a minute,  I have it as M seltepecana ..
I really don't remember where these came from. They were sort of lost in the greenhouse and I found them when I cleaned it out this past summer.
Hope you are well and had a great Christmas and New Year.
Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Epiphytes