Re: [Aroid-l] Odd Zantedeschia

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Odd Zantedeschia
  • From: Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:08:11 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jani,
That's amazing!  I wish I had looked closer.  It's odd that it was only in the 1 variety out of almost 100, and two years in a row.
The plant was in a very sandy soil in a farmer's field.  It didn't get much water at all.

Dear Susan.
If this plant was in water or a marsh you do not have a big problem. It is an insect who put their eggs in plants. I have met this animal in Hungary, but here the eggs have got a brown coloration. It is called Nepa cinerea, but Ranata linearis has got bigger eggs, and it puts it in the plants like this. These are not pests! They are predator insects, who eat water insects or small fishes. You may try to pull out some eggs, to see if I'm right...

Do You Yahoo!?
Aroid-l mailing list