RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 07:54:29 -0500

Steve, I totally agree with you. This plant seems to defy identity. I had Rhaphidophora cryptantha labeled Monstera dubia for years so I can surely be incorrect and am quite often. I have never seen the plant I have labeled M siltepecana revert to any type of foliage other than what it has now. I would assume that if it were M dubia it would in some situations revert to the sprawling climber that shingles but I could be wrong.
What is the consensus on this plant if any from the list.
Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Epiphytes

Steve Said:
There is obviously more than a bit of disagreement on what "species" the plant known as the Silver Queen actually is.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Aroid-l mailing list