RE: [Aroid-l] Typhonium kumingense

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Typhonium kumingense
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 18:29:06 +0100

T. kunmingense is one of the many incarnations (and thus a synonym) of T. horsfieldii, a species known from so many ecologies that it is impossible to say what your plants need. When they are from China, I bet they are from higher altitudes but never think they are frost-resistent. I'd cultivate them as a subtropical, which suits all clones of this species I know of. T. horsfieldii has a geographical rage from China, through Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos, southward to Sumatra and Java.