[Aroid-l] Monstera dubia

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Monstera dubia
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" <steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 18:51:44 -0600

I just got a response from Dr. Croat regarding the plants I have posted on my site as Monstera dubia and Monstera siltepecana.  Here we go with a partial correction!  I sent him photos of both plants and here's what Tom had to say, "The first looks more like Monstera pinnatipartita Schott, not M. dubia and the second is most likely to be Monstera siltepecana juvenile."
So it appears I had one of the two correct (the one identified by whoever it was at the Hunnington).  But I'm back to the drawing board on the one I thought was "M. dubia".  Looks like I get to do some more reading tomorrow!  My thanks to Michael and Harry for their input and questioning of the ID.
Steve Lucas