Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron? ID

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron? ID
  • From: <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:52:48 +0100

Alocasia wentii var. discolor
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:20 AM

My guess: Alocasia wendtii
----- Original Message -----
To: aroid-L
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:27 PM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron? ID

Aroiders,

another ID request that was (again) posted in the www.exote-forum.de
The user "matrix 1981" or Christian posted his question in a thead about
Alocasia macrrrhizos and thinks he an an elephant-ear. He mentioned that
his plant flowered 4 tinmes within the last year and wonders, if that is
normal. He found no seed set.

However, the plant look rather like a Philodrndron sp. or cv to me than
an Alocasia.

Please note: This is not my picture; please do not copy and paste it.
The URLs I post are from the areas of the forum that do not require
registration, so they should work.

It is post #8 in this thread/URL:

http://www.exoten-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=15332

The enlarged pictures have the following links:

http://www.exoten-forum.de/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=142&d=1168376483

http://www.exoten-forum.de/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=143&d=1168376491

Any ideas?

Good identifying.....