RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium 'Lazarz'

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium 'Lazarz'
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:24:07 +0000

From : 	Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
Sent : 	Friday, January 19, 2007 7:25 PM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] Anthurium 'Lazarz'

Dear Eric,

Nice photo! I used to sell this Anthurium 'cultivar" (not species!) when I worked at a fancy-pants nursery out W. of WPB, it comes out of tissue culture and looks TO ME like it might be a hybrid between a birdsnest-type Anthurium sp. and an Anthurium w/ cordate or saggitate -shaped leaves species, Don Bittel may have some ideas or information as I do believe he has made some crosses like this.
Good Luck,

Anyone know what species Anthurium 'Lazarz' might be?
It is about 2 1/2 ft tall and has tolerated
temperatures down into the low-mid 30sF with no
problem. Here is a photo

Orlando,FL z9b/10a

Aroid-l mailing list