Re: [Aroid-l] Re: "Private Life of Plants", was Rafflesia

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: "Private Life of Plants", was Rafflesia
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:03:20 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, piaba wrote:

> forgot to mention, if you are interested in some great shots of the inside of
> this flower, you should check the attenborough book, i think it's called "the
> private lives of plants."

"The Private Life of Plants", David Attenborough. The book is a companion to
the video of the same name, which has been mentioned here before as Wilbert and
Jim Simon were involved in the Amorphophallus titanum portion.

I enjoyed both the video and the book a lot; I've had the book for years, but
only acquired the video last year. Although many of Attenborough's videos,
including a number of the "Life" series, are available in about every format
and region, this one was only available on VHS here in the US. If you have a
way to play non-US region DVDs, though, you can order it on DVD from the UK for
about $30 US.

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com