Re: [Aroid-l] Cinnamon Reference

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Cinnamon Reference
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:34:06 -0600 (CST)

And in one of those odd coincidences, my wife was reading through some
information for a co-worker a couple of days ago and came across some
references to cinnamon being used as a wound dressing for people as well as
plants.

Apparently it's been used this way for a long time - a very quick online search
turned up a number of hits, some references from herbal medicine, some research
on the antimicrobial/antifungal properties of compounds found in cinnamon.

Steve

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 bonaventure@optonline.net wrote:

> Also the powder has hygroscopic (water-absorbing) hence drying qualities.
>
> Bonaventure

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com