Re: self heading Philodendron ID

  • Subject: Re: self heading Philodendron ID
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:12:48 -0500

I'm still checking Martina, and I still only see a few blemished leaves, which is amazing at 27 degrees.  I may have a
microclimate going tho, since my acre has 50 oak trees and a 6 foot wall on the property line.  My outdoor Aroids are
under several large oaks, a type that doesn't drop all it's leaves in the winter, probably live oak.  So this enclosed area
may have been slightly warmer than the 27 I logged at the house, but I can't imagine it helping more than 2 or 3 degrees.

Hopefully you'll just have leaf damage and stems will still be viable to produce more growth.  Always a sad sight seeing all
those frozen, mushy leaves tho.  Been there, done that, I remember
many of the winters in the 90s when I had 18 and 19 degrees overnight here.

Your last name is familiar, have we traded before?

Thanks for the note,
Russ

jmdeluca05@earthlink.net wrote:
You're lucky then, Russ.  It was 28 degrees here in Plant City, FL when I left for work.  Not sure how long it was
at that temp, but I took a hit on my Aroids and tropicals.....the ones I could not cover.  From what I could tell, it looks like mostly
leaf damage, but I wasn't home in time yesterday to see what the second day brought or to uncover anything.  This included my
Alocasia Macs which are generally pretty hardy.

Martina