50,000 Photos

  • Subject: 50,000 Photos
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:19:25 -0500

 I have for the last 13 years been taking tons of photos of my plants as
well as plants I have seen on my travels. As the number of photos have
grown I had to make a folder system to ID and place all the plant photos
and pictures into groups. I have been cleaning up the folder and though
not all of them are labeled with species names most are in the correct
family folder and hopefully the right groups. I have now started weeding
out older and less attractive pictures and picking the nicest photos to
be uploaded to a new account on www.flickr.com I plan to build a nice
data base full of odd aroids and other plant species. At the moment I am
working on any plant I feel compelled to put up. If their are certain
species or a certain aroid group you would be interested in seeing send
me a email and I will see about getting it up. Please do not tell me to
post all  philodendrons their are a few thousand photos and many without
IDs in that folder. I can select certain species from that group and
post but uploading and working on the entire folder would be far to much
at the moment.
   I have watermarked the photos and do not want them to be used with
out my permission.  I would give the aroid society full use of the
photos if they are interested in using them.

 I am currently uploading hybrid cannas I have breed and a few aroids. I
feel this will be a long term project and I hope to work on it for the
remainder of the winter months. As I add more photos your welcome to
place corrections on IDs if needed and add comments to the photos. I
have just started to post the photos so their should be more to look at
in the near future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15931937@N07/