Re: Duckweeds and Other Aquatic Aroids

  • Subject: Re: Duckweeds and Other Aquatic Aroids
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:54:52 +0100

Hello Walter,

The size doesn't matter :) The morphology of the inflorescence counts.
Here is the newest systematics of aroids (see attachments).
There are not all genera included, only the best known ones.
As I know the genus Rhektophyllum is now within Cercestis (or maybe I'm wrong)
I also don't know why Arisaema, Pistia and Alocasia are grouped together.
I don't remember from who I got these diagrams,
and I don't know on what criteria is it based (maybe on DNA?)

Marek