Re: pistia pollination weevils?

  • Subject: Re: pistia pollination weevils?
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:45:23 +0000

Dear Taylor,

You are new to Aroids, so you will learn that there are still MANY aspects to Aroids which remain as unknowns.   What is needed is MUCH more field work and observations in nature, this way we slowly learn about exactly which insects pollinate which genera of aroids.   The posted info. on a weevil being the pollinator of Pistia might well be accurate, but in my opinion more observations on wild growing plants are needed!
Ask again about someone shipping you a Pistia plant in Spring, NOTHING will survive being posted up North to you in this cold!

The Best,