From: Don Martinson llmen@wi.rr.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:28:12 -0600
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] Number of A. titanums in existence.

The A. titanum at our local museum in Milwaukee is about to bloom.

An article in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel stated :

> The museum's corpse flower, which has never bloomed before, has its roots
> Sumatra, and only about 140 of the plants are known to exist in the world,
> according to Neil Luebke, curator of botany at the museum and the stinky
> plant's guardian.

While I realize they aren't selling these at K-Mart as yet, the figure of
140 seems rather low to me, at least when you add in all the smaller tubers
that seem to be available (at least for a price) as of late.

Is this truly an accurate guess as to the number of titanums in existence?

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list