Re: Anthurium blight

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium blight
  • From: George Yao <geoyao@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 02:38:48 +0800

Hello Steve,

I asked a horticultural consultant about this and he informed me that Anthurium blight has existed in Hawaii for three decades already. According to him, the solution prescribed of using antibiotic is not effective. He asserted that "Bacterial Disease is a systems defect.  They will need to ovehaul their production system to solve the problem." Additionally, he maintained that "Holland never had that problem because of the Dutch integrated agricultural approach." He informed me that recently he was hired to solve that problem in Jakarta and he claimed that "Problem now solved.  No more bacterial infections."

George Yao
Metro-Manila
Philippines