Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!

  • Subject: Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:10:50 -0600

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!  I meant leaf, not flower!!

Steve

ExoticRainforest wrote:
Marek,

I too have been having the same problem.  I thought I had this figured out but there is still some mystery since I've now been told supervolute is quite common and the definition is the same as convolute.  Involute appears as two tubes rolled inward.  There appears to be a minor difference between supervolute and convolute but even though I thought I had that figured out I'm no longer certain.  I ordered a copy of Stern's Botanical Latin which is supposed to make all this clearer.  I would suggest anyone interested order a copy from Amazon for $20 or less.  The difference appears to involve whether there is a single flower or group involved but I dare not offer what I understand and would prefer someone with a higher level of education respond.

Steve

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas
n:Lucas;Steve