Piptospatha

**I aplogize for this double-post--I used an incorrect subject line for my
last response.**

Peter,

Thanks again very much for fielding my questions. There is just a handful
of pretty serious crypts collectors here in the US, but I get the
impression that they mainly acquire their new plants as legally propagated
material from Europe.

The Jan D. Bastmeijer page just deals with Cryptocoryne and Lagenandra.
Information in Internet search results on Piptospatha and Bucephalandra
and similar small groups is pretty thin. You might be right however about
limited nursery production for these plants in Europe because I have run
into some references to the hobby trade there.

Are there any Asian nurseries at all that legally produce and export any
of these plants?

Well there are a few different Schismatoglattis available here in the
United Sates that I can work on acquiring anway, but none of these are
among the rheophytic species. After reading the Bogner, Hay and Yuzammi
paper I am suddenly quite intrigued. I am only a pseudo-biologist but I
would like to get a better grip on the classification of these plants and
some experience growing them too.

Cheers,

Devin